Celesta Capital, a San Francisco, CA- and Bangalore, India-based multi-stage deep technology venture capital firm, and Nokia announced a long-term strategic partnership to accelerate the commercialization of deep technologies invented by Nokia Bell Labs.
Celesta Capital will help cultivate and invest in key technologies incubated and developed within Nokia Bell Labs, including advanced communications, AI and deep learning, next-generation semiconductor fabrication, sensors, and quantum computing, to form commercially viable, independent venture-backed companies.
The new partnership combines Nokia Bell Labs’ IP portfolio and research expertise with Celesta Capital’s knowledge as a global deep tech investor and business builder.
The core focus of the partnership will work to incorporate technology developed by Nokia Bell Labs into newly created companies. Additional areas of collaboration will include:
- LP Investment: Nokia will participate in Celesta Capital funds as a Limited Partner.
- Ongoing Advisory Support: Providing hands-on support to new companies, including network access to support capital raising and go-to-market activities.
- Deal Sourcing: Mutual sharing of new ventures and co-investment opportunities.
- Portfolio Collaboration: Exploring partnership opportunities within Celesta’s existing portfolio of 100+ global deep tech investments.
The partnership will include several areas of close collaboration to nurture promising early-stage technologies into independent commercial ventures. Key areas of focus and collaboration are expected to include:
- Advanced Communications: Foundational communication technologies that will enable 5G and 6G networks and emerging use cases powering smart cities, factories, precision farming, Internet of Things (IoT), robotics, and connectivity.
- AI and Deep Learning: Autonomous annotation, synthetic data generation, and analytics.
- Next-Generation Semiconductor Fabrication: scaling of near-terahertz RF technology to unlock new applications
- Sensors: novel biomedical and environmental sensors including MEMS-based optical sensors.
- Quantum Computing: advanced cubit architectures for scale-out computing and next generation data centers.
Led by Sriram Viswanathan, Founding Managing Partner, Celesta Capital is a global multi-stage deep technology venture capital firm backing companies working in semiconductors, artificial intelligence, cloud infrastructure, and other emerging technology sectors. The firm has a portfolio of more than 100 early-stage technology investments in the United States, India, Israel and beyond.