LRVHealth, a Boston, MA-based inside healthcare venture capital firm, promoted Ellen Herlacher from principal to partner.
As partner at LRVHealth, Herlacher will co-lead the firm’s research and investments in new care delivery, behavioral health, workforce transformation, and government sponsored payers. She led LRVHealth’s investments in Diana Health, a maternity care company, and Cortica, a physician-led, whole-child, value-based autism services company. She also supports the firm’s investments in Reimagine Care, DotCom Therapy, Greater Good Health, and Season. Before joining LRVHealth as principal in 2020, she was director of Tufts Health Ventures, the corporate development and corporate investment arm of Tufts Health Plan (now Point32 Health). Prior to joining Tufts, she held management roles at athenahealth and investment and consulting roles at Goldman Sachs and Bain & Company. Herlacher earned a B.A. from Cornell University and M.B.A. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
This news follows LRVHealth closing $200m for its fifth fund to accelerate its track record of driving transformational change in healthcare. Since Fund V was announced in May 2023, LRVHealth has made new investments in RxLightning, Main Street Health, House Rx, and Cortica, and continued its support for existing portfolio companies with additional investments in Diana Health and Greater Good Health. The firm most recently expanded its team by adding Josh Flum, former chief strategy officer of CVS Health, as managing partner in November 2022 joining current MPs Keith Figlioli and Tripp Peake. In addition, Christiana DelloRusso from Providence Ventures, Karen Au Yeung from Optum, Lise Courtney D’Amico from ChenMed, and Yoola Adeniji from Cohere Health and Yale School of Management, joined the firm in the last 24 months.
Since its inception in 2000, LRVHealth has partnered with entrepreneurs and helped build many of the digital health industry’s established players. With 29 of the country’s leading healthcare providers, payers and vendors invested in its fund, LRVHealth’s strategic network touches one out of two healthcare consumers across the U.S.
LRVHealth has also assembled an Executive Advisory Board of healthcare insiders who have worked with and led companies at all stages and all sizes, that touch every part of the healthcare system. Executive advisors include:
- Kristine Martin Anderson, Chief Operating Officer, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Lawrence Cho, Chief Strategy and Growth Officer, Allina Health
- Karen DeSalvo, MD, Chief Health Officer, Google
- Andy Eckert, former Chief Executive Officer, Zelis
- Pat Gilligan, former Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Sachin Jain, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, SCAN Group and SCAN Health Plan
- Winjie Tang Miao, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Texas Health Resources
- Dave Mazurkiewicz, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, McLaren Health Care
- Rich Statuto, former President and Chief Executive Officer, Bon Secours Mercy Health
- Glenn Steele, MD, former Chief Executive Officer, Geisinger
- Lisa Stump, Chief Information Officer, Yale School of Medicine and Yale New Haven Health System