Norrsken22, a tech venture capital firm investing in entrepreneurs “building Africa’s next tech giants,” closed its first growth fund, at $205M.
According to the website, the fund received the support of founders who have built companies such as Flutterwave, DeliveryHero, Klarna, Skype, Mojang, Izettle, and King.
Led by General Partners Lexi Novitske, Ngetha Waithaka, and Natalie Kolbe, who are deeply ingrained in the African tech ecosystem, with decades of experience supporting African entrepreneurs, based in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa, Norrsken22 invests across the African continent with a particular focus on the main tech hubs in Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and Ghana.
The firm backs relevant, disruptive, scalable and tech-enabled business models, focused on these four sectors: fintech, market enablement, medtech, and edtech.
Portfolio companies include:
- Shara, which helps merchants grow their business by financing trusted customers to make purchases and pay back in installments
- Sabi, a provider of enabling infrastructure powering the distribution of goods and services
- Autochek, a platform that enables and enhances commerce within the automotive sector
- Smile Identity, which helps African businesses confirm the true identity of their users in real-time
- Tyme, which is a multi-country digital banking group for emerging markets