500 Global, a global venture capital firm, and The Egyptian Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA), announced Batch 1 of the 500 Global in Egypt Scale Up Program.
Started on October 1, 2023 at the Creativa Giza Hub, also known as The Factory, operated by ITIDA, the Scale Up Program is a 7-week program dedicated to Pre-Series A and Series A startups in Egypt.
On November 16th, The Scale Up Showcase will celebrate the progress of founders and their companies including Fintech, Martech, Real Estate, Logistics/Supply Chain and more. The event will offer presentations and discussions for an audience of key industry stakeholders and ecosystem partners.
In addition to startup presentations and product demonstrations, the Scale Up Showcase will feature globally renowned keynote speakers, including Sean Ellis, Author of Hacking Growth. There will also be panel discussions, focusing on regional and international landscapes. Courtney Powell, Chief Operations Officer and Managing Partner at 500 Global will also be hosting a by-invite-only brunch.
The program will continue with support for 3 months after the Showcase, offering one-on-one office hours with mentors and advisors, one free year of office space at the Creativa Giza Hub (aka The Factory), company growth mapping, and more.
Batch 1 Startups include:
- Birdnest develops and operates tech enabled rental properties.
- Blnk is an AI-enabled digital consumer finance platform that is driving financial inclusion in Egypt.
- Convertedin is a marketing operating system for e-commerce, which utilises data and shoppers’ insights to create personalised multi-channel marketing.
- Dresscode is a DTC fast fashion business that enables Gen Z to find affordable and high-quality fashion.
- FriendyCar is a P2P car sharing operator in the MENA region.
- ILLA is a logistics holding group that offers door to door solutions for FMCG companies.
- Khazenly is an omni-channel technology platform for on demand logistics and fulfilment.
- MQR offers gathering spaces with hospitality-led service and amenities.
- Nowlun is an online freight forwarding platform allowing cross-border shippers to scan the market for the best shipping options, receive instant quotes, and track their shipments.
- NowPay is a fintech startup building a financial-wellness platform for employees.
- O7 Therapy is constructing an all-in-one mental health platform.
- Orcas offers personalised live learning experiences for K-12 Students.
- Rology is an AI-assisted teleradiology platform.
- Suplyd is building a digital infrastructure for restaurants’ supply chain.
- Sylndr is a used-cars focused marketplace both serving consumers and dealers to buy, sell, and finance used-cars.