Anzu Partners, an investment firm delivering capital and strategic support to early-stage breakthrough technology companies, closed its third venture capital fund, at more than $200m.
Investors in Fund III include new and returning public and private institutions, single and multifamily offices, and accredited investors across the U.S. and overseas.
Fund III was established to invest in companies developing next-generation solutions in clean technology, industrial innovations, and life sciences.
The vehicle has already deployed $123.1m to 12 companies across the following sectors:
- AM Batteries is developing a dry coating process for Li-ion battery electrode materials that enables significantly lower cost, manufacturing footprint, and CO2 emissions in battery manufacturing.
- e-Zinc utilizes zinc metal for its long-duration energy storage system, which has the potential to be more cost-effective than comparable lithium-ion systems.
- South 8 Technologies is pioneering a new category of battery electrolytes, utilizing Liquified Gas to enhance the safety, performance, and operating temperature range of Li-ion batteries in energy storage systems and electric vehicles.
- Xendee develops distributed energy resources (DER) planning and operation software for microgrids for electric vehicles and fast-charging infrastructure projects.
- XGS Energy plans to dramatically increase the scalability of geothermal energy while eliminating the need for large volumes of water with its closed-loop heat harvesting technology.
- Arduino is a global leader in open-source hardware that is forging the next generation of IoT, automation, and industrial controls products for enterprise applications, leveraging its substantial community of more than 30 million developers worldwide.
- EnCharge AI leverages AI from the edge-to-cloud using its scalable in-memory computing technology, enabling broader and more sustainable deployment of computer vision and generative AI products.
- Opscura protects operational technology (OT) against security threats to ensure continuity for manufacturing, transportation and renewable energy providers with vulnerable legacy products.
- Voxeljet is a pioneer of 3D printing solutions, used by the automotive, aerospace, engineering, and consumer goods sectors.
- Codetta Bio is a multiomics technology company using its integrated platform of reagents, hardware, and software to improve research and development of new therapies.
- CytoTronics uses semiconductor microelectrode array technology in a microplate format to study cell function in real time, at single-cell resolutions, revealing novel insights at scale.
- MedCrypt provides cybersecurity software for connected medical devices, such as insulin pumps, scanners and monitors, to demonstrate compliance with security regulations.
Founded in 2014 by Managing Partners David Michael, David Seldin, and Whitney Haring-Smith, Anzu Partners is an investment firm that focuses on clean tech, industrial and life science technology companies with the potential to transform their industries. Anzu works with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital alongside deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations.
Today, the firm has more than a dozen technical experts and approximately 70 investment, operations, and platform professionals who offer strategic, financial management, global connectivity, operational, communications and marketing support to portfolio companies as they mature from early stage to commercialization.
Anzu Partners manages approximately $1 billion in strategic assets across several funds and strategies, including two existing venture funds (Fund I with $128 million launched in 2016, Fund II with $190 million launched in 2019), a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (“SPAC”), and a series of special purpose vehicles.
The firm is based in Washington, DC, Fampa, FL, Boston, MA, and San Diego, CA.