Alberta Innovates, a Calgary, Canada-based company working for innovators in all the sectors of the economy, and 500 Global, a multi-stage venture capital firm, revealed 20 startups that was part of Batch 4 of the Alberta Accelerator by 500.
Through the Alberta Scaleup and Growth Accelerator Program, the Alberta Accelerator by 500 Global, in collaboration with the three other accelerators in the initiative, has supported a total of 65 homegrown Alberta-based companies in two years.
Twenty early-stage startups attended a rigorous 12-week program on best practices for building successful startups, which included working with mentors on segments ranging from running rapid growth experiments and holding customer discovery interviews, to testing product-market fit and fundraising.
Batch 4 of the Alberta Accelerator by 500 program culminates with Demo Day on October 5th, in Calgary. It will be held in-person and streamed via webcast to a curated audience of industry leaders, ecosystem players, and 500 Global network partners. They will hear presentations from a diverse group of startups hailing from Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States, that are building the next generation of companies in sectors such as fintech, proptech AI, and more. The Batch 4 graduates will be joining the list of 41 local and international startups that have successfully graduated from the Alberta Accelerator by 500, all with the shared objective of advancing their ventures to new heights.
Batch 4 startups included:
- 10Adventures that helps travellers book custom and private vacations for the cost of joining a group tour.
- Cleanster.com that connects property managers to top-rated cleaners, and also ensure a guest experience.
- Cup Carrier Media that helps advertisers get up to 10x campaign engagement and better consumer insights using its Portable Billboard drink carriers and connected digital tools.
- Figozo, an e-commerce platform where food creators can confidently turn into a sustainable business.
- HazTrack that helps oilfield chemical companies eliminate unnecessary site visits with their remote tank level monitoring solution.
- Hire-A-Robot that enables SMBs to automate their customer acquisition and support.
- IEP Canada that makes studying in Canada for students affordable, and accessible for international parents.
- JuniStat that helps soccer clubs and associations assess player performance and growth using visual analytics on their smartphones.
- KDIT Solutions that speeds up an enterprise’s ability to make changes to their systems by providing automated testing and training capabilities.
- Lawtiq that provides immigration-related legal services to those looking to come to Canada.
- MoovEZ that helps businesses deliver big and bulky items to their customers with rated movers from the click of a button.
- On A Dime Transformations that empowers people in recovery to experience work-life transformation through meaningful employment.
- Orgmatch that helps corporate ESG teams find the right nonprofits to help them achieve their goals.
- PropZap that helps home buyers acquire their first home by pairing them with tech-supported real estate professionals.
- Rambody that helps personal trainers create affordable workout plans with animated exercises to grow their businesses.
- ResVR that builds photo-realistic and interactive 3D visualization software that helps homebuilders and condo developers sell more easily.
- Road Aider that empowers employers to improve employee satisfaction with auto care benefits and rewards.
- Uplift Educational Solutions, a platform that helps schools collect payments on time, keep parents satisfied, and increase enrolment.
- WallX Innovation that provides a secure payment tool for African retailers struggling to accept international payments.
- Zyggy that gives Africans living anywhere in the world access to a borderless payment system.